The 18th edition of the International Automobile Recycling Congress (IERC) took place in Vienna this year.
Among the many participants was the company SEDA Umwelttechnik GmbH. Once again this year, the congress had a varied program on offer: lectures were given, and factory tours were also held:
• Energie- und Abfallverwertungs Gesellschaft m.b.H., Niklasdorf
• Gebrüder Gratz GmbH, Edt bei Lambach
• Müller-Guttenbrunn, Metran and MBA Polymers Austria, Amstetten/Kematen
The top-class congress focused this year on:
• Circular economy and resource efficiency
• Innovation in recycling
• How can car manufacturers and the mining industry close the recycling loop?
• How to recycle electronics and destroy data in cars?
• New materials in cars, e.g.Carbon fiber, rare earth elements, etc. and how they are recycled
• Next Generation Recycling Processes and Equipment
• Country reports
• Recycling aspects in vehicle design
• Updating of new laws and regulations